Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
82 posts
58,709 visits


show starting post by Gigi's AidPage
Show newest posts...
I have recently lost my job and started a new one but won't get a check till after Christmas I lost our home and have been living with in laws in there attic with my three boys and have been trying find any way to atleast get them Christmas which is looking grim is there anyone who can point me in the right direction
Talk to jakob1
My health is coasting us every thing I can't get my meds every month there's just not enough money we lived apart for two years I moved in with him and recently got custody of my grand daughter who's 19 months old who needs her room set up doctor visit dentist for all three of us I need two full plates my upper and lower teeth needs to come out and my falsies put in we need curtains blinds towels a bed for us bedding for both rooms rugs toys that are age appetite we all need cloths and my car note is two months behind my moorageis all most three months behind my phone is about to be turned off insurance is do in two weeks truck payment do now and my taxes are coming up we can use all the help we can get. Thank you
Talk to Jennielynn
woman in a shoe   in reply to thatfiel1
Hi I don't know of any place that will pay for child care but for rent light gas type need help city state if u don't see help with bills are assistance under city state then put your county state beside city state. If u can't fine it come back and givee your city state county and I will fine it for u
Talk to woman in a shoe
I lost my job, I have a 1 year old, I have all these bills due plus I have childcare costs. Can someone help me with a website that can help. PLEASE!!!
Talk to thatfiel1
The Christmas Cat   in reply to bassy



Contact Us
General Requests
For general questions about the Transfer Project, please email
Social protection and social cash transfers are increasingly being seen as a key tool in East and Southern Africa for combating the triple threat of chronic poverty, hunger and HIV and AIDS. Several programmes have developed in recent years across the region, such as the Productive Safety Nets Programme in Ethiopia; social pensions in South Africa, Namibia and Lesotho; cash transfers in Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique and Kenya; and more are planned. These programmes are united by common premises: that income poverty has highly damaging impacts on human development, and that cash empowers people living in poverty to make their own decisions on how to improve their lives.
In response to these needs, Save the Children UK (SCUK) and UNICEF launched The Transfer Project

AMPATH largely serves the most vulnerable population: widows and widowers, orphans, the ostracized, and the neglected. It has been established that over 60% of the AMPATH population are poor. Since poverty plays a central role in accelerating vulnerability, AMPATH's patients are mainly poor, especially women and children.

The Social Work program handles some of the most difficult issues for all AMPATH clients
AMPATH Program Offices
P.O. Box 4606
Eldoret, Kenya
Telephone: +254-532-033-471
Fax: +254-532-060-727
Sylvester Kimaiyo, MMED
AMPATH Program Manager
Bornice Biomndo
AMPATH Communications and Public Relations (media contact)
ampath-pr@ampath.or.keAMPATH Consortium Team
IU House
c/o IIGH Kenya
Box 5760
Eldoret, Kenya
Dunia Karama
Kenya Program Administrator
Adrian Gardner, M.D.
AMPATH Field Director
Laura Ruhl, M.D.
Medical Team Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Geren Stone, M.D.
Medical Team Coordinator
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Talk to The Christmas Cat
am a single mother from Kenya, my husband died due tribal clashes and left me with children who have been send back home for fees and i have no money for food and pay rent. please assist
Talk to bassy
woman in a shoe   in reply to Nathaniel....
There places that will help but u got to fine so what I type please do it.typy need help city state read each one very carefully till u see help with bills or said help with rent light s gas u mite have to go on more than one pg to fine it. Also sign up for welfare u get cash food stamps insurance. Also call church s and see which one give out food. Look in the phone book for food banks good luck hope this can help u
Talk to woman in a shoe
I have 5 children and I have just become redundant from my job as a cabinet maker. They left me with only 2 weeks leave which has only been enough to pay rent for that last three weeks. Now I have nothing of it left. I am desperately trying to find a job, but I need a little bit more time, which I don't have. Fridge and cupboards empty. The kids are literally eating vedgemite on bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner and am losing the house in a month, because I cannot pay my rent. I just need that extra week to get a job so my kids can have somewhere to sleep and food in their stomaches. PLEASE HELP, REALLY NEED the support. Anything u give me I will be thankful for. My partner has been dead three years, and family live out of state. So please I have no where else to ask for help.
Talk to Nathaniel....
I have been unemployed for 2 years and have run out of money. I have sold just about everything to keep a roof over my and my wife's head. I don't have enough money to pay next months rent. If I could work right now I would, but I had an accident. I hit a deer with my motorcycle and have two fingers on my left hand ( ring and pinky ) that were almost ripped off they reattached them but I can't use them. My right hand my index finger is missing the tip at the first knuckle. I also have detached ligaments in this hand, Bone fragments keep me from fully closing my hand. I don't have any resources to get any money I need help
Talk to bbmoose
I am a retired 67 y/o living on a fixed income. My wife has Fibromyalgia and is pretty much bedridden. I have Peripheral Neuropathy and can't stand very long without severe pain and cramps. I have been trying to supplement my income by butying and repairing cars an reselling them at a profit. I have run out of money to but any more cars although there are many worthwhile investments out there. My home needs a lot of fixing up, some of which i cannot do. Sometimes I have to go without some of my meds so I can pay my electric bill which without electricity here in Florida means NO A/C. Please help me get on my feet!
Talk to joncas
Ive been out of work for two years due to complications with my blood sugars. I have a condition called neuropathy in my legs arms an back. I was living in a very bad area of town with low rent where I met a guy who said he was going to help me and my kids. Instead he made me rely an depend on him which lead to abuse. Now me and my kids are homeless and living with a friend while I look for work to provide a home of our own. So I really need someone to help me an my four kids get back on track.
This is very stressful for us. I want to give them their home back an my friends their home back please help!
Talk to Tryingtoliveagain
g1580   in reply to singlemomworkinghomeowner
u try to feed 4 children and a wife on mcdonalds wages it does not work so why dont u take ur house and ur car and shove them up ur ass sideways
Talk to g1580
Single mom trying to make ends. Where I can turn to get help with my mortgage and household bills? I worked for a Temp Agency and my assignment ended in March and I have been receiving unemployment benefits which is not enough to cover my bills and feed my family. I've been on 6 interviews in the last 2 months.
Talk to Singlemom1973
fatboynskinnygirl   in reply to singlemomworkinghomeowner
dam; i can only amagine the amount of effort it took you to get your head so far up your ass and dismiss the reality of this country. the seen of the world is changing. have you ever heard of " occupy wall street " "corprate wellfare", probably not , anyway since the seventies the politians and religioun have sleeping around with corporate america. wispering in private., companies moving overseas to evade taxes, jobs being outsourced, job seniority is being assenated to excape retirement entitlements, goverment contracts being awarded to fellow cohorts ( haliburton ) in return for kickbacks. banks get rescuded while unemployed workers get in endless lines. you smell like a republican; the stench lingers. no ones safe anymore, that includes - you - your time is coming, i assure you. so you better load up on condoms while you have money, your gonna need alot in oder to pay the taxes on that house own and afford gas for that car you own. smell the coffee ; its burning
Talk to fatboynskinnygirl
realtalk009   in reply to singlemomworkinghomeowner
You should not judge people, some people come from different environments, they have dif attitudes, behaviour etc, you just look like a scumbag well done on all your acheivements in life, help people be better dont put them down
Talk to realtalk009
ignoranceiseverywhere   in reply to singlemomworkinghomeowner
Tell you get a job at McDonald's for six months and let me know how that works out for you bill-wise. Then pretend you're a disabled vet who can't stand long enough to handle a lunch crowd. If you're so gung-ho perfect, why aren't you here offering to help people find jobs, rather than bitching at them because they can't?
Talk to ignoranceiseverywhere
MsLane9   in reply to singlemomworkinghomeowner
I think people who say "get a job at Mcdonald's" should actually apply themselves and see if they get hired. So do tell, the truth please, what your son does for a "living"? Can he live on his own with it or support anyone on it? If the answer is no, and I'm sure it is, then he doesn't really have a job.
Talk to MsLane9
I think it funny how my 16 year old son can get a job and all of you are bitching you can't find anything and BOO HOO, life isn't worth living...Go to your welfare office or Social service provider, so we working people can pay for you be lazy asses. We working people can pay for your childcare,housing and insurances.Go get a job at Mcdonalds,they are always hiring,people with mental and physical disibilities...even lazy asses such as the people on here begging for help that are not motivated enough to call or go and apply.You all make a working ,single mother that owns her own home and vehicle SICK. You all are a disgrace and do not deserve the assistance.Woman up,GET A JOB.
Talk to singlemomworkinghomeowner
Just Me-- Marisa
Financial assistance grants are given to support the payments of regular expenses ... for financial aid, you should contact the relevant department in your state.

Read more: State Financial Assistance |

Programs for food, medical, financial support and housing assistance are ... Each State in the United States dedicates funds for the individual counties to ...

Read more: State Financial Assistance |

How do we survive in an economy that is threatening our financial... ... Search the internet for "energy assistance" under your state. You can also check out the ...

Read more: State Financial Assistance |

Some states offer limited financial assistance to family members who are taking care of elderly relatives, according to Lin Burress, author of the family-centric ...

Read more: State Financial Assistance |

State Financial Help for Family Elderly Care Givers. ... Contact your local Department on Aging if you need financial assistance through the Family Caregiver ...

Read more: State Financial Assistance |

Government Financial Assistance for Families thumbnail Qualifying for government financial assistance varies from state to state. Many families have trouble ...

Read more: State Financial Assistance |
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa
Just Me-- Marisa
To replace part of the earnings lost because of a physical or mental impairment, or a combination of impairments, severe enough to prevent a person from working.
Direct Payments with Unrestricted Use; Direct Payments for Specified Use.
Monthly cash benefits are paid to entitled disabled persons and to entitled auxiliary beneficiaries throughout the period of disability generally after a 5-month waiting period. Costs of vocational rehabilitation also are paid for certain beneficiaries. There are no restrictions on the use of benefits received by beneficiaries, although the right to future benefits is not transferable or assignable. In general, State agencies make initial disability determinations for the Federal Government. The Federal Government gives the States funds, in advance or by way of reimbursement, for necessary costs in making disability determinations under 20 CFR 404 Subparts P and Q. Necessary costs are direct as well as indirect costs as defined in 41 CFR 1-15, subpart 1-15.7 of the Federal Procurement Regulations System for costs incurred before April 1, 1984; and 48 CFR 31, Subpart 31.6 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations System and Federal Management Circular A-74-4, as amended, or superseded for costs incurred after March 31, 1984.
Applicant Eligibility:
A disabled worker is entitled to Social Security disability benefits if he or she has worked for a sufficient period of time under Social Security to be insured, has not attained “full-benefit retirement age” (66 years old for workers age 62 in 2005), has filed an application, and is under a disability as defined in the Social Security law. The law defines disability as the inability to do any substantial gainful activity by reason of any medically determinable physical or mental impairment which can be expected to result in death or which has lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months. The insured status requirements depend upon the age of the applicant and the date he or she became disabled. Coverage credits under the social security systems of certain foreign countries with which the U.S. has reciprocal agreements may be taken into account to meet the requirements. Certain family members of disabled workers are also entitled to benefits: (1) Unmarried children under age 18, or under age 19 for full-time students in elementary or secondary school; (2) unmarried adult offspring at any age if continuously disabled since before age 22; (3) wife or husband at any age if child in his or her care is receiving benefits on worker’s Social Security record and is under age 16 or disabled; (4) spouse age 62 or over; and (5) divorced wives or husbands age 62 or over who were married to the worker for at least 10 years. (Benefits are also payable to auxiliaries, including certain disabled widow(er)s, disabled surviving divorced spouses, children under age 19 who are full-time students in an elementary or secondary school, and disabled children of the worker, after the worker dies. See 96.004 “Social Security-Survivors’ Insurance”.) For workers who are first entitled after 1985 for both (a) a pension based on non-covered employment; and (b) Social Security disability (or retirement) benefits, a less generous benefit formula applies. In addition, Social Security disability benefits are reduced (offset) by the amount that the sum of all disability benefits payable under Social Security and certain Federal, State, or local public disability and workers’ compensation laws or plans exceeds the higher of 80 percent of the worker’s average current earnings or the total Social Security benefit that would otherwise be payable on the disabled worker’s record. The Social Security benefit for a spouse of a disabled worker is subject to a pension offset if the spouse receives a governmental pension based on his or her own work in non-covered employment. However, the offset does not apply if: (i) the person received or became eligible to receive the pension before December 1, 1982, and can meet requirements for Social Security auxiliaries’ benefit as they existed in January 1977; or (ii) if the person received, or was eligible to receive, the pension before July 1, 1983, and the person was dependent on his or her spouse for at least one-half support at the time the spouse died, became disabled or became entitled to Social Security benefits. The amount of the public pension used for purposes of the offset against Social Security spouse’s benefits is equal to two-thirds of the public pension. The Social Security benefit for the spouse of a disabled worker is also offset dollar for dollar by the amount of any Social Security benefit the spouse receives based on his or her own work. All benefits to spouses and children of disabled workers are subject to an earnings test unless those beneficiaries are full-benefit retirement age or older. Beginning with the year 2000, the retirement earnings test was eliminated beginning with the month in which the beneficiary reaches full-benefit retirement age (FRA). A person at and above FRA will not have Social Security benefits reduced because of earnings. In the calendar year in which a beneficiary reaches FRA, benefits are reduced $1 for every $3 of earnings above the limit allowed by law, $31,800 in 2005, but this reduction is applied only to months prior to attainment of FRA. For years before the year the beneficiary attains FRA, the reduction in benefits is $1 for every $2 of earnings over the annual exempt amount. Further, no benefit can be paid to an alien in the United States unless he or she is lawfully present in the United States. In addition, an alien cannot qualify for benefits if he or she never had a work-authorized Social Security Number (SSN) (effective for benefit applications based on SSNs issued after 2003).
Beneficiary Eligibility:
Qualified disabled workers under full retirement age (FRA). Under the definition of disability in the Social Security Law, disability benefits are provided to a person who is unable to engage in any substantial gainful activity by reason of a medically determinable physical or mental impairment that has lasted or is expected to last at least 12 months, or to result in death. Disabled widow(er)s’ benefits are covered under survivors insurance. Felony-related impairments and confinement-related impairments cannot be considered in determining whether an individual is under a disability if the individual has been convicted of a felony which was committed after October 19, 1980. Effective for claims finally adjudicated on or after March 29, 1996, (or for claims approved before then, with benefits payable beginning January 1, 1997) eligibility can no longer be based on drug addiction or alcoholism.
Proof of disability and possibly proof of age. If applying for benefits for family members, additional proofs of age, relationship to disabled worker, or full-time school attendance may be required.
Application Procedure:
Telephone toll free at 1-800-772-1213 or telephone or visit the local Social Security Office.
Award Procedure:
After review of the application is completed, the applicant (or representative payee) will be notified by mail.
An individual should apply for disability benefits when he or she believes the entitlement requirements may be met. Retroactivity of benefit payments is limited to 1 year before filing.
Telephone or visit any Social Security Office. The appeal process ranges from a reconsideration through hearings and appeals levels to a review by the Federal courts.
Not applicable. 300
Account Identification:
(Benefit Payments) FY 07 $96,988,000,000; FY 08 est $102,854,000,000; and FY 09 est not reported. (Note: These figures represent benefits actually paid, or expected to be paid.)
Range and Average of Financial Assistance:
Monthly cash benefits for a worker disabled in 2005 range up to a maximum of $2,099 based on the level of the worker’s earnings and the age at which a worker becomes disabled. The corresponding maximum for such a worker with a family is $3,148.60 As of December 31, 2004, the average benefit paid to a disabled worker alone was $880 and the average amount payable to a disabled worker with eligible dependents was $1,496. This takes into account stipulations set forth in Public Law 96-265 and Public Law 97-35. Under Public Law 97-123, the minimum amount is no longer applicable for workers who either become disabled or first met the insured status requirements after December 1981, and a lesser amount can be paid, depending on the worker’s average earnings.
In fiscal year 2004, an average of 7,696,000 disabled workers and their dependents received monthly cash benefits. It is estimated that for fiscal year 2005, an average of 8,005,000 disabled workers and their dependents will receive monthly cash benefits. During fiscal year 2006, the average number receiving benefits is expected to increase to 8,302,000.
Headquarters Office:
Office of Public Inquiries, Room 4100, Annex, Social Security
Administration, Baltimore, MD 21235. Telephone: (410) 965-2736. Use the same number for FTS.
Web Site Address:
No standard form. Call toll free at 1-800-772-1213 or telephone or visit the local Social Security Office
Talk to Just Me-- Marisa